Header Ads

Maid disappears with N5m worth of property

A 37-year-old woman, Lilian Njoku, has been arraigned for allegedly stealing property belonging to one Mrs. Yemi Urowayino, valued at N5,065,000. Njoku, who pleaded not guilty, told the court that she runs an organisation called Skilled Nanny Service Ltd.,
which provides homes with nannies and housemaids.

She added that she knew Urowayino through one Funmi, who also does the same business and it was Funmi that linked both of them.

“Urowayino usually calls me whenever she needs a housemaids, there was a time she called and I sent a girl to her, after two months, she asked for a replacement which I did.
“When she asked for a replacement again on Dec. 1, 2012, I linked her with one Vivian Elo (24). Elo resumed work the second day and the third day we heard she was missing with some of Urowayino’s property,” she said.

Urowayino, however, stated that she was at work when her gateman called her to rush home that there was an emergency, adding that she thought something had happened to her kids.
“When the gateman called I was scared until I called him back and he told me that my house had been burgled by my housemaid, who just resumed work.

“But when I got home, I discovered that she did not do any house work but had used different instruments to destroy my bedroom door and fled with my Laptop (N110,000), I-pad 2 (N 95,000), BlackBerry 9520 (N35,000), BlackBerry play book (N75,000), Sony camcorder (N55,000), four wristwatches (N120,0000 and a box of gold all valued at about N5,065,000.

Njoku pleaded with the court and promised to make an effort to find Elo and she was consequently granted bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties.

No comments

Please make your comment as clean and short as possible