Header Ads

Dele Momodu Predicts 2015 Presidential Election


To many Nigerians, both home and abroad, Dele Momodu is known as a Nigerian journalist, publisher, actor, motivational speaker and businessman who owns the renowned Ovation International, a magazine that has given publicity to people in Africa and all over the World.
What many people do not know about the 54-year-old publisher born in Ile-Ife, Osun State, western Nigeria on 16 May, 1960, is that he is also a political analyst.
To this end, Momodu, who graduated from the University of Ife, (now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife) in 1982 with a degree in Yoruba and a Masters degree in English Literature in 1988, writes a weekly article called PENdulum on the back page of Thisday newspaper.

The articles are praised for highlighting issues in Nigeria, as well as discussing popular topics, current events and famous people.
In one of his latest articles, Momodu predicted how votes will be shared between a former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan come 2015 presidential elections in Nigeria.
According to the Momodu, if Nigerians are asked to elect their president today, Buhari would defeat President Jonathan mercilessly.
 
Fellow Nigerians, time changes everything indeed. In 2011, I would have said worse things about General Muhammadu Buhari. In truth, I actually wrote Buhari off completely, not without cogent reasons that I considered valid and relevant at that time. The first was that Buhari was too old to lead us. I was biased by the Obama Presidency and the emergence of David Cameron in Britain. I felt Buhari as a former dictator should be totally expunged from the race. I was also brainwashed by the relentless propaganda that he was a religious fundamentalist of the worst kind. If I was good in Fine Arts, I would have painted him in the lurid and monstrous image of Lucifer. That was how bad it was.
Trust me, I’m supposed to be one of the most liberal and tolerant human beings but it was just difficult for me to accept Buhari as a Presidential candidate at this time and age. I nearly clashed with my dear friend and brother, Simon Kolawole, after reading an article he had penned on Buhari and practically endorsing him at that time. I was so livid that I did not wait for Simon to get out of church before I started bombarding his lines with frenetic calls. When he eventually got back to me, and in his usual humble manner said “Egbon, I missed your calls, hope all is well?” I responded that all was not well as he had spoilt my appetite and breakfast that morning with his effusive praise of someone I considered a red-faced tyrant.
Simon was as cool as cucumber. He was incredibly blunt as he instantly confessed his unrepentant love, admiration and support for Buhari…

Culled From Naij.com

No comments

Please make your comment as clean and short as possible